Friday, February 27, 2009

My studio



I sat today and read my magazine named 'Studios' of 2008. Except for the studio makeover in the magazine, my studio doesn't seem as crammed as I thought. Others have as small spaces and like mine have lots of stuff for ideas and for creating. Mine is a spare room and is my art, sewing, jewelry making and computer room. Oh, and also paying bills. I wish I could say that I know where everything is and can get it at moments notice but alas, not so!! It is fun though to be looking for something and find a jewelry piece or fabric that I had forgotten I had bought. Then I am side tracked and start seeing what I can do with the new found object. I think that I then come up with a better idea than I first had when I purchased or found the piece.

I have been going to all of the web sites and looking at all the art that each person creates who was featured in the Cloth Paper Scissors special issue for 2008 called "Studios". It is a great issue with lots of insight into other artists and ideas for storage solution. I have used several already, like the see through jars for buttons and ribbons. Good idea.

I am starting to add the blogs and some of the links to my favorite artists in the magazine so you can see them too. It was fun seeing what other artists are doing. All were fun to visit their sites.

One idea I was given by a fellow customer at Joann's was my piecing board. I was looking at some little ones that were for sale and she (an obvious experienced quilter) told me don't fool with those little things. All you need is a piece of felt and a board. Your pieces will stick to it nicely. I remembered that a friend had given me a very large piece of pink felt she had used for costumes ( poodle skirts). It's a bit wild but it really works. I just happened to have a foam core presentation board and draped the felt around it. It folds up when not in use and its just my size, not too small and not too large. It fits a 36" X 40" quilt top just fine. .......

No comments:

Post a Comment