Sunday, March 22, 2009

Computers, bah, humbugI

I have been away because I no longer had a computer. I got back from a lovely dinner out just to see my computer sitting there with the dreaded blue screen. I am lucky that I have a computer nerd grandson who we hire when things get beyond us. This was very much beyond me. Well, it turned out that I didn't have a virus but my hard drive decided to go to computer heaven, . It was throughly crashed and dead. My grandson said it could not get past one spot on the drive. He tried to get some of my data that I don't back up all the time(ie, latest emails). But the drive wouldn't give it up. So, it was back to where I was 2 1/2 years ago when this computer was new. We loaded the laptop's restore and there I was back to a pristine computer again. Actually not a bad thing in the end. I have spent the last two weeks putting all of my programs back on, finding passwords that I had forgotten, updating programs, and trying to do it more carefully this time. All is back and on top of it I got a hard drive twice as big as the other one. I no longer have to worry if the file is too big to save to my hard drive. I have all my data. That I do back up regularly. Lost some photos I hadn't put on CDs but no great problem.
This has also put me behind on my other tasks and my experiments. Will get back to them soon. Ruby Lane contacted me and asked if I was interested in reopening my shop on their site. They offered a good deal, so, I took them up on it. I have my pictures done, now I need to post them. I won't be shown until I have ten things to open the shop. I hope sales will be better there. I will be selling mostly my higher end jewelry and collectables.

No comments:

Post a Comment